The new Tektronix CTS 850 features Jitter and Wander, SDH, and PDH test capabilities, as well as an easy to use, intuitive user interface for network operators who are transitioning PDH legacy networks to SDH and moving to Full Service networks. The CTS 850 can also be used by manufacturers of SDH/PDH Network equipment who use portable, standalone test instruments in a production environment to verify product performance and to certify that the product meets or exceeds in-house or industry standards.
Jitter and Wander Tests
- 200 UI jitter measurement range to allow capture of pointer hits and pointer counts useful for troubleshooting 2 Mbit/s GSM and PBX services.
- Timing and synchronization tests at line rates from 2 Mbit/s to 622 Mbit/s inclusive, while making other measurements, to fully qualify performance.
- Microsoft Windows-based Wander Analyst PC software application for long-term display of MTIE and TDEV, to make critical timing/integrity assessments according to G.811, G.812, G.813.
- Full-band jitter and wander measurement down to 0.1 Hz, with variable high-pass cut-off frequency, to fully characterize phase transients.
- Exclusive new measurements at the digital network interface to assess video service performance.
- Distinct test series for Output Jitter, Input Jitter Tolerance and Jitter Transfer Function.
- Support for the full-range of G.783 pointer sequences and adjustments to correctly test pointer interaction in multiple node network environment.
The CTS 850 supports STM-0, STM-1, and STM-4 optical interfaces as well as STM-0E and STM-1E electrical interfaces. The CTS 850 can easily test VC-4-4c concatenated payloads at 622 Mbit/s. This gives the CTS 850 the ability to address the future growth of broadband data networking and the Internet. The CTS 850 combines SDH bit error rate testing with overhead testing and payload mapping and demapping with read/write access to overhead bytes. The CTS 850 also includes alarm generation and monitoring, frequency offset, and APS control. Access is also provided to the E bytes and F bytes for internal BERT or external analysis along with provision for communication via the Orderwire.
As networks evolve from PDH to include SDH rings and high-capacity PDH network segments are retained for access, and service delivery. The CTS 850, with its new PDH tributary option, provides test capabilities for accessing PDH sub-rates from 140 Mbit/s, 34 Mbit/s, 8 Mbit/s, 2 Mbit/s down to an individual Time Slot. This testing can also be performed from an STM-1 or STM-4 access point, for testing hybrid networks. Support for acquisition of multi-layer G.826 results is also available. The combination of a CTS 850 and a Tektronix ST2400 2.4 Gbit/s SDH Test Set provides a powerful solution bridging STM-1, STM-4 and STM-16.
- Option 04 - Optical and electrical 1310 nm interface plug-in for 52 Mbit/s, 155 Mbit/s, and 622 Mbits/s.
- Option 33 - SC Connectors
- Option 08 - VC4-4c concatenated 622 Mbit/s mapping.
- Option 14 - SDH/PDh jitter/wander test.
- Option 38 - Nx64kbit/s, 8 Mbit/s, 34 Mbit/s, 140 Mbit/s, TU-12, TU3 capabilities. Includes: Electrical interface for 2 Mbits, 8 Mbit/s, 34 Mbit/s, and 140 Mbit/s, and Mux/Demux front panel connectors; 150 ohm 3-Pin Siemens, 75 ohm BNC.
Please contact our sales department for more information.