The AEMC 4500 20kohm 4 Point Ground Resistance Tester is designed for measuring very low resistance on large grounding systems, such as ground grids and ground mats. It rejects high levels of interference voltages at DC or 60 Hz and its harmonics, and can be used under difficult conditions such as high stray currents or excessive auxiliary electrode resistance without substantially affecting accuracy.
- Measures soil resistivity (4-Point)
- Measures ground resistance (2 and 3 Point) Fall-of-Potential Method
- Step voltage tests and touch potential measurements
- Selectable: three test currents and five resistance ranges
- Measures very low resistance on large grounding systems and grids
- High test current also enables geological surveys
- Large easy-to-read LCD
- Display includes indicators for excess stray current and voltage, high auxiliary rod resistance and fault connection
- Battery (rechargeable) powered or external 12VDC
- Rugged dustproof and rainproof field case
- Can be used for continuity tests on bonding
- Three-point measurement of large grounding grids, counterpoises, ground mats and grounded equipment.
- Soil resistivity tests (4-Point measurement), commonly performed by utilities at proposed construction sites.
- Using soil resistivity analysis, the size and complexity of grounding system construction can be evaluated.
- The AEMC 4500 will measure the resistivity of epoxies, cement, ground enhancement materials and many other substances.
- Step or touch potential levels under true fault conditions can be determined by using the Model 4500 to inject a simulated low-level fault into an electrical system. When used in this fashion, the AEMC 4500 will display readings in volts per fault ampere.
- Two-point tests for continuity tests on bonding or on pre-established grounds.
Adhesive Label, C1-P1-P2-C2
5/32 Hex Key
Spare Fuse (installed)
Ground Resistance Shorting Bar (installed)
Test Kit 100.525