8146SRL Optical Module Information:
• Optimized for 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) multimode testing
• FTTx-ready with 1310 and 1550 nm wavelengths
• CWDM/DWDM-ready with 1310, 1550 wavelengths
• Dual-, Quad- and Penta-lambda multimode and singlemode combined
• 0.5/0.8 meter (m) event dead zone in multimode/singlemode for highest network precision
• High dynamic range (24/24/40/38 dB)
• Bend detection in singlemode
• Propagation delay measurement in multimode
Multi-application optical test module
In today’s telecommunications market, test solutions must be cost-effective, increase productivity, and reduce the complexity of field testing. The JDSU Short Range LAN (SRL) optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) module offers a high-performance test functionality that has been specifically developed in response to these industry demands.
The E8146 SRL OTDR module offers multiple wavelength test capabilities of 850, 1300, 1310, and 1550 nm with high dynamic range (24/24/40/38 dB) , providing field technicians with an all-in-one test instrument.
The SRL OTDR module’s performance enables effective testing on short-haul (Access and LAN) in both multimode and singlemode.
OTDRs are the primary test tool for fiber optic characterization and enable several measurements, including fiber link attenuation, attenuation coefficient, reflection, splice/connector loss, and point-of-error.
T-Berd 6000 Description:
The T-BERD 6000 is a compact and lightweight test platform designed for the installation and maintenance of fiber networks. It offers field service technicians the highest levels of performance and upgradeability on the market. Modular in design, the T-BERD 6000 offers an extensive portfolio of test functionality, with over 40 different fiber modules supporting a wide range of applications, and is a single source for future fiber and photonic testing needs.
- Compact and lightweight for the field.
- Future proof with over 40 application modules already supported.
- Choose from IL/ORL, OTDR, PMD, CD, or WDM plug-in modules.
- Application modules compatible with T-BERD 8000.
- Backwards compatibility with existing MTS-5000 family OTDR modules.
- Simple for the novice, fully featured for the expert.
- Fault Locator.
- OTDR and power level testing.
- CWDM/DWDM testing.
- PMD, Spectral Attenuation Profile and Chromatic Dispersion (CD) testing.
- Insertion Loss (IL) and Optical Return Loss (ORL) testing.
- FiberComplete automated bi-directional OTDR, Insertion Loss and ORL testing.
- Lightweight platform: only 2.4kg/5.3 lbs.
- Large 8.4 inch transreflective TFT color display improves viewing under any conditions.
- Intuitive graphical user interface with touchscreen option.
- Extended battery life using smart Lithium ion cell.
- Connection Check with VFL, power meter, Loss Test Set/ ORL meter and video inspection scope optionsBuilt-in optical talkset option for communicating along the fiber.
- Unique automatic bi-directional analysis function available to save up to 50% test time for OTDR, IL, and ORL measurements.
- Fast data transfer via USB, Ethernet port and 1Gb extended memory option.
- Comprehensive suite of PC software tools for post-processing of test results with FiberTrace (OFS-100) and FiberCable (OFS-200).